Bus & Transportation Safety
Ohio Department of Education
The mission of the Ohio Department of Education's Pupil Transportation Office is to provide guidance, assistance and training to all pupil transportation personnel and to provide programs directed toward achieving the highest level of safety, efficiency and compliance.
School Transportation Safety | Ohio Department of Education
Ohio State Highway Patrol Motor Vehicle Inspection Unit
- The Licensing of private pupil transportation providers.
- Rules and regulations for the construction and inspection of school buses.
School Bus Inspections | Ohio State Highway Patrol
Ohio School Boards Association
OSBA has the expertise, resources, experience and creativity to analyze and determine best practices for transportation safety and efficiency in your district. From concept to delivery, our consulting services and Ohio-specific transportation education sessions are tailored to meet your district’s needs--so you can stay up-to-date with the ever-changing regulations, rules and landscape of the transportation field.
Transportation Services | Ohio School Boards Association
Ohio Association of Pupil Transportation
The Ohio Association for Pupil Transportation (OAPT) is dedicated to providing proper training for school administration in the school transportation industry. We provide members with in-person or online training throughout the year as well as our annual conference.
Ohio School Bus Mechanics Association
- To provide the professional growth and training for school bus mechanics in the schools of Ohio.
- To work toward upgrading preventative school bus maintenance, to promote efficient methods and high standards in pursuing the goal of providing and maintaining the safest vehicles possible for pupil transportation.
OSBMA – Ohio School Bus Mechanics Association | Providing Safe & Efficient Pupil Transportation in Ohio!
Operation Lifesaver Ohio
Operation Lifesaver Ohio is a free Rail Safety Education program helping prevent & reduce fatalities and injuries at highway-rail grade crossings & along railroad rights-of-way.
Ohio Operation Lifesaver provides free public education regarding safety on and around railroad property. Please contact us to have one of our volunteers speak to your class, group or organization. We speak to groups from pre-school to adult. We can also provide specialized training for Law Enforcement, First Responders, new drivers, School Bus and Commercial Drivers.
Ohio Operation Lifesaver (oli.org)
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Surface Transportation Security Inspectors provide voluntary, risk-based programs to strengthen the security posture of your Transportation Department. By partnering with TSA, organizations receive added guidance and no-cost programs including exercises, trainings, and assessments.
- Resources & Toolkits: For Industry | Transportation Security Administration (tsa.gov)
- Guidance Documents: Guidance Documents | Transportation Security Administration (tsa.gov)
- For more information on the above resources or to request training or a presentation, please contact the TSA using the following email address: OhioSurfaceOperations@tsa.dhs.gov
- The First Observer Plus™ Program provides transportation professionals with the knowledge needed to recognize suspicious activity possibly related to terrorism, guidance in assessing what they see, and a method for reporting those observations: First Observer Plus™ | Transportation Security Administration (tsa.gov)
Truckers Against Trafficking
Busing on the Lookout: School Transportation
Equipping, educating and empowering school transportation professionals to join the fight against human trafficking.
Busing on the Lookout - School Transportation • TRUCKERS AGAINST TRAFFICKING